Sacred Heart Academy senior takes on the Questions
Each week, LouisvilleCatholicSports.com will be getting to know a new student-athlete from the area by asking him/her a series of 20 key questions - some in-depth, some lighthearted - that will provide insight into the thoughts and personalities of the boys and girls who are doing great things on and off the local courts, fields, tracks, and courses. Below are the "20 Key Questions," brought to you by Key Financial Mortgage LLC.
Sacred Heart Academy senior Hannah Brotzge has started her senior lacrosse season the same way she closed out her field hockey season and career last year - as a winner.
Brotzge, who has already committed and signed a National Letter of Intent to play field hockey for Miami (Ohio) University, was an integral member of the Valkyrie state-champion field hockey squad last season, but has quickly established herself as a key offensive weapon for the SHA LAX team in 2011.
Tuesday night, playing against rival Assumption, Brotzge notched five goals in a 15-6 Sacred Heart win over the Rockets.
Off the field, Brotzge works hard in school in an attempt to keep up her good grades. She currently sports a 3.7 GPA and says, "Being a student-athlete is very important to me and I am so happy Sacred Heart has given me the chance to achieve my goals."
Despite her busy schedule, Brotzge recently took part in the most recent edition of the "20 Key Questions," and her answers are beow.
1. What is your favorite pump up music on game day?
"Pump It" by Black Eyed Peas
2. What is your ideal meal/snack before a game?
I really like to eat an omlet before a game. They have a lot of protein and they are very good!
3. Cats or Cards?
4. Which athlete do you look up to on a college/professional level?
Kate Barber, she is an amazing field hockey player who plays on the womens national team
5. What is your favorite movie quote?
"Ball me, Blazer" - Dodgeball (this quote is constantly used during lacrosse practice)
6. How does your faith impact your approach to sports?
My faith has impacted my approach to sports because it has always reminded me to stay positive and to always show good sportsmanship. That is how I believe you learn respect from other teams and individual players.
7. What keeps you motivated?
The idea of winning a state championship
8. All time favorite board game?
9. Droid or iPhone?
Neither, I love my Blackberry
10. Favorite Facebook function?
Being able to post videos on my friend's walls
11. What is your favorite reality TV show?
Keeping up with the Kardashians
12. What is your favorite pro team?
I like the New England Patriots
13. What is your best quality/characteristic?
I always try to be outgoing and friendly in many situations. I think it really helps people to feel comfotable with me and trust in me as a person.
14. Favorite junk/comfort food?
Ice cream. I like neopolitan the best
15. What is your favorite hour of the day?
I would say 8 o'clock because thats when I usually go out on the weekends, and all of my shows I like to watch come on around that time during the weekdays.
16. What is your nickname and how did you get it?
Embarrassingly enough it's "Beans." It has been my nickname since I was a baby and somehow carried onto high school, so people always jokingly call me Beans or H-Beans
17. Where is your favorite place to volunteer/provide community service?
Americana Community Center is my favorite place to volunteer because I get the chance to work with children and help many different kids from many different countries with homework and adapting to life in America.
18. What is one hidden talent that you possess?
19. What is one thing you wish scientists would invent?
A cure for cancer
20. What is your proudest athletic moment?
Winning two state championships at Sacred Heart for field hockey