September 1st, 2011
20 Questions WIth Elizabeth Sherman
Presentation Academy junior takes on the Questions
Each week, LouisvilleCatholicSports.com will be getting to know a new student-athlete from the area by asking him/her a series of 20 questions - some in-depth, some lighthearted - that will provide insight into the thoughts and personalities of the boys and girls who are doing great things on and off the local courts, fields, tracks, and courses.
To say that Presentation Academy's Elizabeth Sherman is taking full advantage of her high school experience thus far would be an extreme understatement.
As team captain and starting goalkeeper for the Toppers soccer team, Sherman has established herself as an unconditional leader both on and off the field. So far in 2011, Sherman has two shutouts in the net and has led Presentation to a 3-2-1 record. But athletics is not the only area where she shines.
This past summer, Sherman traveled to Africa with a group of classmates and helped deliver and donate a large amount of soccer balls to approximately 12 orphanages in Kenya.
Sherman, whose nickname is "Izzy," (as you'll read below), is considering both Bellarmine University and the University of Louisville as college options. At Pres, the junior goalie is the student council vice-president, member of the Mission Club and Y-Club and has an unwavering passion for soccer.
The Presentation standout recently took time to participate in the newest edition of LouisvilleCatholicSports.com's "20 Questions" segment, and her answers are below.
1. What is the first website you visit when checking the Internet for the first time each day?
2. What is your ideal meal/snack before a game?
3. If you were trying out for American Idol, what would be your "go to" song?
"Don't Stop Beliving" by Journey!
4. Which athlete do you look up to on a college/professional level? Why?
Hope Solo is the athlete I look up to, because she’s an amazing soccer player, whose dedicated to her team, and she loves the sport. She’s my hero!
5. What is your favorite movie quote?
"Hakuna Matata" from the Lion King
6. How does your faith impact your approach to sports?
Faith has truly impacted my approach to sports. The great strengh that I have been given from my faith has given me, the will to give it my all when it comes to sports and believing in my team.
7. What keeps you motivated?
The great support of my friends and family.
8. All time favorite board game?
9. Droid, iPhone, or Blackberry?
10. What is your favorite local (non chain) restaurant in Louisville?
11. What is your favorite reality TV show?
Pretty Little Liars
12. How many friends do you have on Facebook and/or followers do you have on Twitter?
805 friends on Facebook
13. What is your best quality/characteristic?
I am outgoing, loving and a strong leader.
14. Favorite junk/comfort food?
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
15. What is your favorite hour of the day?
5:00 P.M. because it's game time!
16. What is your nickname and how did you get it?
My nickname is "Izzy or Iz". I was given my nickname beacuse Elizabeth was too long to yell on the field!
17. Where is your favorite place to volunteer/provide community service?
Hearts4Kenya in Oyugis, Kenya.
18. What is one hidden talent that you possess?
19. If time machines were real, and you could choose just one - to travel forward or backward - which would you select and why?
I would choose to go back in time, so I would be able to witness to monumental events that altered our nation as a whole. Such as the signing on the Declaration of Independence
20. What is your proudest athletic moment?
When I was selected to the (Sentry Insurance/LouisvilleCatholicSports.com) All-Catholic Team