August 10th, 2012
"20 Questions" With Kaelin Grimes
Assumption senior takes on the questions
Each week, LouisvilleCatholicSports.com will be getting to know a new student-athlete from the area by asking him/her a series of 20 questions that will provide insight into the thoughts and personalities of the boys and girls who are doing great things on and off the local courts, fields, tracks, and courses. To see past editions of "20 Questions," visit: http://catholicsportsnet.com/louisville/page/20-questions
Name: Kaelin Grimes
Current school: Assumption High School
Current Sports playing: Volleyball
Parish/grade school attended: St. Albert the Great
High school GPA: 4.0
Colleges considering or attending: Committed to play at WKU
Bio: Play volleyball for AHS and club volleyball for KIVA
1. What is your proudest athletic moment?
My proudest athletic moment would be making Varsity as a sophomore and winning state!
2. What is your ideal meal/snack before a game?
A banana and turkey sandwich
3. If you were trying out for American Idol, what would be your "go to" song?
“Lose Yourself” by Eminem
4. Which athlete do you look up to on a college/professional level? Why?
Misty May-Treanor who is a two time Olympic Gold Medalist in beach volleyball. I look up to her because she is a fierce competitor and a great defender.
5. What is your favorite movie quote?
“Either we heal now as a team or we will die as individuals.”-Any Given Sunday: Al Pacino
6. How does your faith impact your approach to sports?
I thank God for my talent and abilities he has given me to play sports. For an example, the leadership ability to lead on and off the court. He has also given me the strength to play to the best of my ability and to set an example of good sportsmanship.
7. What is your favorite cartoon character?
8. All time favorite board game?
9. Droid, iPhone, or Blackberry? Favorite app?
iPhone and iHeartRadio
10. What is your favorite local (non chain) restaurant?
11. What is your favorite reality TV show?
Say Yes to the Dress
12. What is your greatest fear?
Spiders and Snakes
13. What is your best quality/characteristic?
I am a hard worker and determined. I am driven to be the best in whatever I do.
14. Favorite junk/comfort food?
15. What is your favorite hour of the day? Why?
My favorite hour of the day would be 7:00 PM because that’s when I get home from practice and eat dinner.
16. What is your nickname and how did you get it?
KG because that’s my initials of my name.
17. Where is your favorite place to volunteer/provide community service?
St. Joseph Children’s Home
18. What is one hidden talent that you possess?
I use to be a really good tennis player.
19. If time machines were real, and you could choose just one - to travel forward or backward - which would you select and why?
I would go back in time before my little cousin passed away and spend more time with him.
20. If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask?
I would pick Missy Franklin and ask her what it feels like to be a 17 year old Olympic Gold Medalist.