August 20th, 2012
"20 Questions" with Sydney Morabito
Each week, LouisvilleCatholicSports.com will be getting to know a new student-athlete from the area by asking him/her a series of 20 questions that will provide insight into the thoughts and personalities of the boys and girls who are doing great things on and off the local courts, fields, tracks, and courses. To see past editions of "20 Questions," visit:http://catholicsportsnet.com/louisville/page/20-questions.
Current school: Holy Cross High School
Current Sports playing: Soccer and Basketball
Parish/grade school attended: St. Paul
High school GPA: 3.9
College attending: Considering, Kentucky Wesleyan College, Bellarmine University, Brescia University, IUS, University of Pikeville and Spalding University
Bio: Sydney has been playing varsity soccer and basketball since she was a freshman at Holy Cross High School. Sydney has been captain for the Holy Cross soccer team for two years. Leading scorer in soccer for 4 years. She also plays club soccer for Louisville soccer club every spring. As well as being a member of NHS and Cougars for Christ.
1. What is your Proudest Athletic moment? My proudest athletic moment? There are two. First was winning district in soccer for only the second time in Holy Cross history in soccer. Second would be when I was selected to play in the East/ West All Star game for basketball.
2. What is your ideal meal/snack before a game? Spaghetti!!!!
3. If you were trying out for American Idol, what would be your "go to" song? “Ours” by Taylor Swift
4. Which athlete do you look up to on a college/professional level? Why? Mia Hamm,is who I look up to. She is an amazing soccer player and she scored 158international goals, more than any male or female. She conducted herself on and off the field as a true ambassador for our country, for girls across the nation and her sport.
5. What is your favorite movie quote? “Dig a little deeper. Think of something that we’ve never thought of before.” – Winnie the Pooh
6. How does your faith impact your approach to sports? My team prays before every game. We always thank God for the abilities he has blessed us with. We also pray to Jesus for no one to get injured on either team.
7. What is your favorite cartoon character? Donald Duck,
8. All time favorite board game? Life
9. Droid, iPhone, or Blackberry? Favorite app? iPhone and Instagram
10. What is your favorite local restaurant? Fuji
11. What is your favorite reality TV show? Dance Moms
12. What is your greatest fear? Snakes
13. What is your best quality/characteristic? I am a hard worker and a very dedicated player.
14. Favorite junk/comfort food? Popcorn
15. What is your favorite hour of the day? Why? My favorite hour of the day is 8:00 PM, because that is when I get home from practice and just relax.
16. What is your nickname and how did you get it? Syd, because it is the first three letters in my name. Nobody likes to pronounce my last name.
17. Where is your favorite place to volunteer/provide community service? Kids Cafe
18. What is one hidden talent that you possess? I can draw
19. If time machines were real, and you could choose just one - to travel forward or backward - which would you select and why? I would go forward in time to see what kind of person I become. So that way I could find ways to improve myself and others around me.
20. If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask? I would ask Abraham Lincoln If he really told no lies.